What should I do if I receive a trademark office action?

Photo of Tomas Orsula

Written by Tomas Orsula

Senior Trademark Attorney

If you receive an office action, we would recommend seeking help from a legal representative who will be able to formulate the response correctly.

But to go into a bit more detail, your office action will state the issue as well as actions proposed by the examiner to rectify the issue. Sometimes, the response will require the submission of a simple form, other times, your representative might have to work with you to collect evidence to present to the examiner and support your case.

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.