Can I register a US trademark if I am not a US citizen?

Photo of Tomas Orsula

Written by Tomas Orsula

Senior Trademark Attorney

Yes, you can register a trademark in the US even if you are not a US citizen. A person with any citizenship can register a trademark in the US. However, if you do not live in the United States (i.e. you have a foreign domicile address), you must use an attorney licensed to practice law in the United States.

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.