Can we register a US trademark if our company is based outside the US?

Photo of Jan Buza

Written by Jan Buza

Co-founder of Trama

Yes, any company or individual can seek trademark registration in the USA; however, you will have to appoint a licensed US attorney to represent you before the USPTO.

As not every legal professional has direct experience with every field of law, we recommend seeking someone specialising in intellectual property and trademarks. They can prepare your application to ensure compliance with the USPTO's requirements and help in case any issues arise during the registration process.

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.